Priusfreunde.de

Willkommen, Besucher
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren.    Passwort vergessen?

App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool
(1 Leser) (1) Besucher
Hier dreht sich alles um die Überwachung und Protokollierung von Fahrzeugdaten über die OBD-Schnittstelle. Stichworte: Hybrid Assistant, Torque, Scangauge etc.
Zum Ende gehenSeite: 1234
THEMA: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool
Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 29.03.2018 09:38 - vor 6 Jahren  
Thanks for the quick and great Feedback Jack!

@all

Ich denke es lohnt sich die App zu testen und in anbetracht des Aufwands ist auch der Preis für den vollen Test absolut ok. Irgendwie muss ja die Arbeitszeit finanziert werden.
Frufus
Benutzer offline Hier klicken, um das Profil dieses Benutzers zu sehen
Kein öffentlicher Schreibzugriff erlaubt, bitte erst registrieren!

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 29.03.2018 12:56 - vor 6 Jahren  
Hello DrPriusApp, welcome to www.priusfreunde.de and thanks for trying to improve the World of Hybrids! We're having here in this forum approx. 1/2 dozen (or some more) engineers/experts in accu and high voltage technology... You can get good feedback here. Unfortunately I'm not such an expert , even not after 345,500 kms / 214,700 miles. Good luck in improving further and further! It will help to improve us, too!
autogasprius_berlin

seit 07/20 ohne Autogas und ohne Prius unterwegs
Hybrid-Historie:
Yaris Style Selection White seit 07/20
Prius II, 03/07 bis 10/20, EXE, silber, ab km-Stand 42.000 auch auf LPG, hat immerhin 382.160 km gehalten

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 29.03.2018 13:52 - vor 6 Jahren  
bei mir Funktioniert die App nicht bzw. kann sich nicht mit dem Fahrzeug verbinden.
Fahrzeug: RX400h
OBD-Adapter: ODBLink LX

mit dem HybridAssistent funktioniert alles einwandfrei
BND
CT200h
RX400h

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 29.03.2018 14:30 - vor 6 Jahren  
Warm welcome @DrPriusApp at PriusFreunde.de

LG
Klaus
KSR1
Benutzer online Hier klicken, um das Profil dieses Benutzers zu sehen

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 29.03.2018 22:46 - vor 6 Jahren  
@DrPriusApp:

Hello Jack,
thanks for your direct answer to my comments. Please don't misunderstand my remarks. I don't expect your app to be perfect, but calculated results should be in a realistic range.

I still have my doubts with capacity as low as 30-50%. Having worked with 5 different Prius 2 battery packs all in the range between 6-12 years old, 113tkm to 240tkm, I haven't found any which was below 80% of remaining capacity.

Doing a force charge to 78% SOC and then a discharge using MG in reverse gear working against the foot parking brake plus AC, light, heated back screen on, reads approx. 8.3 amps. Discharge usually ends around 40% SOC.

A very good battery, e.g. my P2 pack built with 2016 Gen. 4 modules, gives 8.3 amps for approx. 18 min. That's 2.5 Ah with a delta-SOC of 38%. So total remaining capacity is around 6,5 Ah which is the nominal capacity of a new pack.

My 2005 P2 pack (240tkm) reaches 40 % SOC with 8.3 amps after 14 min. That's 1,8 Ah with a delta-SOC of 35%. Remaining capacity is 5.1 Ah (approx. 80% of nominal capacity).

If voltage difference between modules or module packs is in a small range of <0.5V, I don't believe that remaining capacity of the pack can be as low as you wrote for your hybrids. That would require that all modules have aged in a very similar way down to such a low capacity. That's usually not happening.

So, maybe you can do a test at a P2 pack with approx. 8 amps as above and tell us how long the time is from >75% down to 40% SOC and what your app calculates for the remaining capacity?

Kind regards,
Thorsten
priusb78
Benutzer online Hier klicken, um das Profil dieses Benutzers zu sehen
Letzte Änderung: 29.03.2018 22:55 von priusb78.
Prius II, 07/2005, SOL, silber, 330tkm (Stand 04/2024)

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 30.03.2018 05:09 - vor 6 Jahren  
It all comes down to the question, how much current rates affect useable capacity. 8 Amps is still rather low, if compared to driving in EV Mode. For the latter, even a new battery wouldn't show it's rated capacity.
P_Arthur

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 31.03.2018 19:07 - vor 6 Jahren  
Ich habe gestern mal die iOS-Version zusammen mit dem Carista-OBD-Adapter ausprobiert. Es scheinen ein paar Nachkommastellen bei der Blockspannung zu fehlen (fast überall 15,0 – da wäre eine weitere Stelle wie bei der Androidversion hilfreich) und der Widerstand ist auch hier um eine Zehnerpotenz daneben. Auch waren Batt Temp 1 & 2 immer identisch – vielleicht wird da zweimal dieselbe Variable angezeigt?

Insgesamt bin ich mit den Werten unseres P3 FL und dem Programm soweit zufrieden. Werde morgen mal schauen, ob die Androidversion mit dem OBDLink LX, das ich für den HybridAssistant nutze, funktioniert.

ChristianB
Letzte Änderung: 31.03.2018 19:08 von ChristianB.

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 01.04.2018 08:26 - vor 6 Jahren  
BND schrieb:
bei mir Funktioniert die App nicht bzw. kann sich nicht mit dem Fahrzeug verbinden.
Fahrzeug: RX400h
OBD-Adapter: ODBLink LX

mit dem HybridAssistent funktioniert alles einwandfrei

Bitte erzähle mir mehr über das Problem auf RX400h und ich kann meinen Beta-Tester bitten, dies zu reproduzieren. Vielen Dank.
DrPriusApp

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 01.04.2018 08:26 - vor 6 Jahren  
Thank you, glad to be of help
DrPriusApp

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 01.04.2018 09:01 - vor 6 Jahren  
Hello Thorsten,

no worry, I am here to help.

In the past few years I have worked with many repair shops and seem plenty of Prius below 50% capacity and still running fine, including two of my own

please find attached picture that I just took from my 2010 Prius Gen3. I usually perform two completed cycles on each blade (6v~9v~6v~9v) at 1C charge and discharge (6.5Amp), the charger I use is the respectful iCharger 406DUO. As you can see most of the blades are below 50%, the car still running fine except that MPG/KPG is getting worst during summer time with AC on. my 2006 Gen2 has around 40% left and yet still running (knock on the wood)

The reason I measured all the blades one-by-one is not because of this Dr. Hybrid App, but because I am developing a new Lithium replacement for the NiMH and it will boost the voltage higher and keep the Prius in EV mode much longer before engine kick-in, anyway it's a separated subject and still prototyping on that.

I think the reason why you haven't seen any battery below 80% is 'probably' because the way you measure the capacity is different. if you are using 0.5C or lower than the capacity could be significant higher... also charger setting could be a key factor as well.

hope this help,
Jack

if you can't see the attachment, please follow this link:
priusapp.com/images/2010Prius.jpg

priusb78 schrieb:
@DrPriusApp:

Hello Jack,
thanks for your direct answer to my comments. Please don't misunderstand my remarks. I don't expect your app to be perfect, but calculated results should be in a realistic range.

I still have my doubts with capacity as low as 30-50%. Having worked with 5 different Prius 2 battery packs all in the range between 6-12 years old, 113tkm to 240tkm, I haven't found any which was below 80% of remaining capacity.

Doing a force charge to 78% SOC and then a discharge using MG in reverse gear working against the foot parking brake plus AC, light, heated back screen on, reads approx. 8.3 amps. Discharge usually ends around 40% SOC.

A very good battery, e.g. my P2 pack built with 2016 Gen. 4 modules, gives 8.3 amps for approx. 18 min. That's 2.5 Ah with a delta-SOC of 38%. So total remaining capacity is around 6,5 Ah which is the nominal capacity of a new pack.

My 2005 P2 pack (240tkm) reaches 40 % SOC with 8.3 amps after 14 min. That's 1,8 Ah with a delta-SOC of 35%. Remaining capacity is 5.1 Ah (approx. 80% of nominal capacity).

If voltage difference between modules or module packs is in a small range of <0.5V, I don't believe that remaining capacity of the pack can be as low as you wrote for your hybrids. That would require that all modules have aged in a very similar way down to such a low capacity. That's usually not happening.

So, maybe you can do a test at a P2 pack with approx. 8 amps as above and tell us how long the time is from >75% down to 40% SOC and what your app calculates for the remaining capacity?

Kind regards,
Thorsten
DrPriusApp
Letzte Änderung: 01.04.2018 09:29 von DrPriusApp.

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 01.04.2018 09:06 - vor 6 Jahren  
2010 Prius Gen3 with 172,720 mile

komisch, ich hoffe, ihr könnt mein hochgeladenes Bild sehen???

here is the link:
priusapp.com/images/2010Prius.jpg
DrPriusApp
Letzte Änderung: 01.04.2018 09:10 von DrPriusApp.Grund: attached picture

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 01.04.2018 09:15 - vor 6 Jahren  
wow, I just released the iOS version this week!! Unlike Android, iOS is so hard to code and so hard to get approved and released.

Thank you for downloading it this quickly, I will look into the display issue and get back to you.

Jack

ChristianB schrieb:
Ich habe gestern mal die iOS-Version zusammen mit dem Carista-OBD-Adapter ausprobiert. Es scheinen ein paar Nachkommastellen bei der Blockspannung zu fehlen (fast überall 15,0 – da wäre eine weitere Stelle wie bei der Androidversion hilfreich) und der Widerstand ist auch hier um eine Zehnerpotenz daneben. Auch waren Batt Temp 1 & 2 immer identisch – vielleicht wird da zweimal dieselbe Variable angezeigt?

Insgesamt bin ich mit den Werten unseres P3 FL und dem Programm soweit zufrieden. Werde morgen mal schauen, ob die Androidversion mit dem OBDLink LX, das ich für den HybridAssistant nutze, funktioniert.

DrPriusApp

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 01.04.2018 09:24 - vor 6 Jahren  
P_Arthur schrieb:
It all comes down to the question, how much current rates affect useable capacity. 8 Amps is still rather low, if compared to driving in EV Mode. For the latter, even a new battery wouldn't show it's rated capacity.

When measuring Prius battery, the Panasonic factory recommend using 0.5C to charge or discharge (3.25Amp), but most industry including USEAVTA (United State Department of Energy Advanced Vehicle Testing Activity) use 1C (6.5Amp) as a Prius battery measuring standard, full reference can be found here:

avt.inl.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/hev/batteryprius1052.pdf

Jack
DrPriusApp
Letzte Änderung: 01.04.2018 09:27 von DrPriusApp.

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 01.04.2018 15:00 - vor 6 Jahren  
@DrPrius

Did I get that right, you are developing own lithium battery packs for gen2 and gen3?
I think that would be very interesting for many of us. Would you be willing to ship these moduls to germany?
Frufus

Aw: App: Dr. Hybrid Batterie Diagnose Tool 01.04.2018 18:54 - vor 6 Jahren  
frufus schrieb:
@DrPrius

Did I get that right, you are developing own lithium battery packs for gen2 and gen3?
I think that would be very interesting for many of us. Would you be willing to ship these moduls to germany?

That's correct, I am developing new replacement battery using LTO (Lithium Titanate) that has at least 3 times the cycle life of NiMH and also is the safest Lithium battery invented so far.

now, the challenge is... the cost, it has to be cheap enough to make sense...

a sneak peak only on this awesome forum, enjoy:
PriusApp.com/images/LTO_factory.JPG
PriusApp.com/images/LTO_weight.JPG
PriusApp.com/images/LTO_testing.JPG
DrPriusApp

Zum Anfang gehenSeite: 1234
Moderation: JoAHa, KSR1, Timico, Shar